Tuesday 27 July 2010

Lavender Love



There are a few varieties of lavender growing in our garden. I like to add to the collection when I can, and I have to replace some of the bushes every few years when they get too woody.




During the summer flowering I harvest some of the flower spikes and hang them up in the linen cupboard to dry, then use the lavender for making little bags to give as gifts.

The lavender bag shown here is part of a project I did for Crafts Beautiful magazine. (It's in the September Issue, new in the shops now). I made the lavender project using a variety of techniques including sewing, cross stitch, rubber stamping and paper crafts.

The little bags are lovely to hang in the wardrobe or tuck into a drawer - a lovely old fashioned way to make things sweetly scented.



Do you love lavender too?

1 comment:

Sarah Brooks said...

Gorgeous pictures! Love the lavender bag - lovely idea!x