Monday 4 December 2017

Christmas Stocking

 Happy December everyone!........we are feeling very festive now having celebrated my lovely husband's birthday last week we are now moving into christmas mode and have put up the trees, the decorations and the lights....
 ............i have had a lovely crafty time making this quilted happy scrappy stocking..............
 ...........i used many of my favourite scraps in this piece of patchwork and used the pattern for the stocking from one of my earlier books.............
 ..............it was the perfect project for hand sewing while watching christmas movies with the fire lit and a delicious scented winter candle too....and all the little lights twinkling.......
 ...........the stocking is lined with one of my favourite pam kitty morning prints...........
 .............it has a simple backing, simply quilted.....and white pom pom trim around the top......
 ..............here it is.............ready for santa to fill it with treats.................
 ............or here used as a decoration on the dresser in the sitting room.............
 ............we are keeping the decorating simple and a bit nordic here this year.............
 ..............these are the little girl and boy pixies that my sweet daughters surprised me with last christmas............
 ...............and below is a medium sized boy pixie keeping me company as i paint berries in my studio.........
 ...............i love this time of year and the cosy house and decorations..........even though there is a lot to do and to organise i try to make time to enjoy quiet and peaceful moments and hope you do too......
.............wishing you a wonderful week ahead in the countdown to christmas with lots of happy cosy times.....thank you for visiting me here dear readers and for leaving me such kind comments........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

21 comments:

Jacky H said...

I love your stocking you are very patient to sew such small pieces together. Yours proxies are adorable I hope they are behaving themslves.

Jacky H said...

I love your stocking you are very patient to sew such small pieces together. Yours proxies are adorable I hope they are behaving themslves.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That is just the prettiest stocking Helen!
You really can't go wrong with a bit of Nordic decorating at Christmas I think. :)
Wishing you a happy new week,
V x

KC'sCourt! said...

Your Christmas stocking is so pretty

Julie xxxx

Kate said...

Very pretty Helen.

Jennifer Hays said...

What a sweet little stocking! The fabrics are so pretty. It looks perfect hanging on the bedpost like that, how pretty. I can't wait to see what else you make this season. :)

Cream Linen said...

I love this time of year so much! The lights ,the trees,the anticipation of the big day.They make me dream like a young girl again.
The stocking is really cute and your decorations really pretty!
Tina xxx

Teje Karjalainen said...

Helen your decorations are the best! I'm dreaming of your photos when missing Christmas atmosphere!

Mickie said...

Helen,
Love the festive Christmas post. The stocking is a new favorite. As I have said before, I love red and white anything. Such cute pixie people too. I have just begun a little decorating, must get more inspiration. Your post has helped spur me on.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Jane said...

What a fab stocking Helen. Your decs are looking beautiful. It's a magical time of the year isn't it. Enjoy some moments of peace amongst the excitement. Hugs xxx

Teresa Kasner said...

Oh how I love your simple Nordic decor this year! I am doing things a bit simpler too.. with 3 dogs in the house now it's a bit crazy. LOL. Sending you Christmas love from Oregon, USA.

*********************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

You have such a wonderful eye for patterns and hues, Helen. This stocking is very festive without screaming red and green! I especially love the mini pompoms-so cute!!!

I'm going a bit slower with holiday prep,as well. I was so lucky to have my niece, Tricia, here yesterday, she knocked herself out decorating a few rooms and helping me wrap gifts. She is a bundle of sweetness at 9 years old. I just love her. So I have more time to put my feet up, and just enjoy some cocoa and a Christmas movie.

Sending holiday wishes across the miles! :)

Jane x

Lorrie said...

A beautiful stocking, Helen. Red and white with a Nordic slant is what I'm doing this year, too. I've been enjoying the simplicity of it for the past couple of years. Happy new week to you.

GailD said...

Happy December to you too! Loving your beautiful work and photographs, enjoy your peaceful moments and every blessing this festive season. Xxxxx😊

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautifully Cheerful work!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

As usual, love your pretty patchwork stocking and the colors you used. Everything in your house is so pretty with all the red and white.

Rhona said...

Looking very festive in the Philipps household! Love the Nordic look and your scrappy stocking is perfect!

Jen Kershner said...

Your house is so festive and charming and your stocking is lovely-like all of your makes!

Lina said...

Very Nice Collection.Thanks for sharing keep up the Good work..

if Any one want New Embroidery Designs ?

Simone said...

Your patchwork stocking and decorations are truly lovely Helen. x

Thimbleanna said...

Your stocking is beautiful Helen -- I love the pretty fabrics you've chosen. I love visiting here -- everything is SO festive!!!